Monday, January 21, 2013

My Brother's Birthday Card

My sisters and I, whom you can find at www. pinkyfingercrafts.blogspot, spent the weekend making cards for different people.  I made one for my brother. 
His card took  a very long time, because I had no idea what I wanted to do. It finally came together nicely.  White card stock with patterned patter by Paper Pizza ephemera paper. The picture is printed on vellum, then black paper from the same pack, and  white card stock cut around with decorative scissors, glued to the final background. 


The inside has three separate tags holding together by a matching brad connected to the pattern paper before gluing it to the card. The side pieces, of the same pack,  the left is one piece and the right has two coordinating pieces. The paper has stitch marks as part of its print, so I used my sewing matching to stitch along in white thread, and let some of the threads hang loose. I then used bakers twine to go from left to right. On the right side I wrapped it on the part of the paper that did not have stitching. Then I glued the paper down so the twine would stay put. The flap at the bottom opens up to reveal my message and the year. The back is stamp with the words "Handmade".


1 comment:

  1. You did an amazing job on that card and all of it was done WITHOUT a Cricut! lol

    ReplyDelete